- When people with private profiles tag posts, they won’t appear publicly on hashtag pages
- Numbers are allowed in hashtags. However, spaces and special characters, like $ or %, won’t work.
- You can only add hashtags to your own posts. You can’t tag other people’s photos/videos.
- You can use up to 30 hashtags on a post and 10 on Instagram Stories.
Using the most popular hashtags isn’t the way to get more eyes on your latest post. It’s a little more complicated than that.
Well, the first thing is you have to know about the different types of #hashtag categories. Understanding the different types of hashtags and their the corresponding audience is key to developing a good hashtag strategy.
Types of Hashtags
- Community Hashtags
Types of community hashtags
When used correctly they can
Way to find the best Hashtags
- Use a keyword suggestion tool .
Use a keyword suggestion tool like what is found in the social media scheduling app Later.
2. Get to know your audience
Get in the minds of your audience and think about what would they be searching for.
3. What are your competitors searching for?
Use some of the same hashtags that your competitors are using. Compete head to head on the social media hashtag battleground.
4. Instagram… Duh
Instagram has its own keyword suggestion tool located right in the app. It’s called related keywords and you find it in the apps search bar.
Organize your Hashtags
When starting out with a hashtag strategy start by targeting hashtags of various popularity. If you pick a hashtag with too few eyes on it you might not get enough impressions. if you pick a popularity group that is too high, you risk not being seen at all. So spread out your hashtag selections.
As your engagement grows you will be seen and discovered by more people
We at Adept Creative recommend a hashtag breakdown like this.
|5||x||10,000 – 50,000|
|5||x||50,000 – 200,000|
|5||x||200,000 – 500,000|
|5||x||500,000 – 1,000,000|