What does a digital marketing consultant do?
Why hire a digital marketing consultant?
If you’re like most business owners, you probably wear a lot of hats and try to do it all yourself. But as your business grows, you may find that you don’t have the time or resources to do everything yourself – including digital marketing. That’s where a digital marketing consultant comes in.
A digital marketing consultant can help you:
- Develop and execute a successful online marketing strategy
- Improve your website’s SEO and ranking on search engines
- Increase traffic to your website
- Generate leads and sales from your website
- Maximize your return on investment (ROI) from your online marketing efforts
What can a digital marketing consultant do for you?
A digital marketing consultant can develop and execute a successful online marketing strategy that meets your specific business goals. They can also help you improve your website’s SEO, increase traffic, generate leads and sales, and maximize your ROI from online marketing efforts. In short, a digital marketing consultant can help you take your business to the next level.
1. Marketing Strategy
A marketing strategy is a road map for all of the campaigns you’ll launch, ensuring your company’s online success.
It includes the company objectives you want to achieve, your available resources, a timetable for analysis and conclusions, marketing channels, and key performance indicators.
The objective is also given, as well as the main themes to be delivered and the audience segments to be targeted.
Your digital marketing consultant will take care of the following:
- Setting a strategy for your firm that is suited to your sector, target audience, and present digital marketing effectiveness and activities.
- Analyzing your company’s strategy and goals to determine its priorities (e.g., obtaining more visitors, generating more leads, and boosting conversions).
- To get started, you should first figure out which marketing channels and platforms you want to pursue (for example, Google Adwords, Facebook advertising, and SEO).
- To obtain outcomes that are relevant to your company’s main objectives, you must check data analytics on a regular basis and suggest the next steps.
- Updating online campaigns for retargeting and optimizing lead conversions
Your logo, tagline, and slogan are only the beginning of branding. The color schemes, designs, and typefaces you choose go a long way in determining how well your company is perceived by customers.
Your brand’s image is also an essential component. This covers your unique selling proposition, personality, and emotions you want your target consumers to have regarding you and your items.
The role of a digital marketing consultant is to develop and execute creative online marketing strategies that, hopefully, lead to conversions and leads.
To accomplish this, you and your digital marketing consultant should follow and agree on the following points:
- Brand purpose: Know your items and services inside and out, as well as their ‘why’ behind them.
- Target audience: Define your customer and learn about them through their online presence and behavior.
- Competitor and market landscape: You must know the players in your sector, understand what sets them apart from their competition and how to approach them differently.
- Unique selling points: Make an accurate assessment of your company’s strengths and weaknesses by identifying what makes it distinct.
- Brand voice: How to connect with your target audience in a way that allows you to consistently and coherently express yourself so that your brand is recognized in the same way across various mediums.
- Brand recognition: Don’t forget that you can use technology to digitally interact with your consumers in a variety of ways and remain consistent in how you communicate with them.
Following a strong digital brand plan with the aforementioned ideas, your firm should be able to improve brand recognition, loyalty, and advocacy.
3. Content Planning
To begin, the digital marketing consultant creates a content calendar to track and guide efforts based on the company’s overall content marketing plan. This calendar will come in handy later when your business grows.
You can use a content calendar template that is simpler to understand or just a basic Excel document.
The digital marketing consultant should manage your workflow process and answer the following question about your content strategy:
- What audience are you writing for?
- How well does your material address the needs of your target audience?
- What are the distinctive features of your items and services that set you apart from competition?
- What types of content are most effective in helping you achieve your digital marketing goals?
- Which marketing channels are the most effective for your material?
- What is the best method to allocate and manage human resources for all content planning requirements?
4. Project Management
Project management is the process of combining several talents, techniques, and expertise to complete specified goals and project needs.
Whether the digital marketing consultant you hire will be working with your staff or not, he or she should have this ability to guarantee that your marketing efforts are launched on time.
Creating an emotional bond with your consumer increases trust between you and your customers by connecting on a personal level.
Consumers pay attention when companies tell a narrative.
Would you read a narrative about how a consumer benefited from a product, or a list of its advantages?
Different types and forms of storytelling may be utilized. However, before you can develop a compelling brand narrative, a digital marketing consultant pays close attention to these elements:
- Make a brand narrative or signature story for your business.
- Ensure that your company’s ‘why’ is clear.
- Find out what makes your target audience tick.
- Optimize the impact of different content formats, such as video and slideshows.
- Make effective use of the features of various internet platforms for particular content forms or kinds.
- Consistency in the appearance and feel of your material is required.
Consultants in digital marketing stay on top of the newest SEO best practices and trends. Optimizing your content for search engines has never been more important than it is now, with around 3.5 billion Google searches performed every day across the world.
SEO, or search engine optimization, is a basic online marketing strategy used to boost the quantity and quality of visitors to your website through organic search results. Your rank in search engine results will be higher and more visible to your target audience if your content is properly optimized.
SEO takes time and patience for results to appear, so your digital marketing consultant must guarantee that you obtain the outcomes you desire.
Some of the services that your digital marketing consultant may provide include:
- Provide your audience with real information relevant to their interests and brand story while keeping it current.
- Use the appropriate keywords and phrases in your content. Create an SEO plan based on themes that are relevant to your field and company, and make sure to change the material on a regular basis.
- To improve the traffic of your content, use keyword research to optimize relevant SEO keywords that have a high potential for traffic.
- To be worthy of sharing, your content must connect together.
- Create and monitor a click-through rate (CTR) for each title, URL, and description using A/B testing.
7. Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising
Consultants in online marketing must be familiar with Google’s various PPC advertising solutions and social media platforms. They should also understand how to optimize your ad spend in order to reach out to your specific target consumers.
PPC advertising is utilized in a wide range of businesses and sectors. It’s also employed if you want to drive more visitors to your website more quickly, such as through Google AdWords or Facebook Advertising.
8. Analytics and Evaluation
A digital marketing consultant can assess quantitatively the types of content and certain subjects that generate more traffic to your website, social media accounts, and other digital channels by examining and analyzing your data analytics.
A digital marketing consultant might also employ data analytics to better understand your target audience’s habits and preferences.
You may then use these learnings to create marketing initiatives that will assist you develop more trusting connections with your consumers, increase leads, and boost sales.
How to find the right digital marketing consultant?
When looking for a digital marketing consultant, it’s important to find someone who has experience in your industry and understands your target market. They should also be able to demonstrate success in helping other businesses achieve their online marketing goals. You can ask potential consultants for case studies or references from past clients to get a better idea of their capabilities.
To find the right consultant for your business, do your research and ask around for recommendations. Once you’ve narrowed down your list of potential candidates, schedule a consultation to get to know them better and see if they’re a good fit for your business.
Adept Creative is happy to offer free consultations to help you get started.
What you should expect working with a digital marketing consultant?
When you work with a digital marketing consultant, you can expect to receive personalized service and expert advice. Your consultant will work with you to understand your business goals and develop a strategy specifically tailored for you. They’ll also be there to help you every step of the way, from implementation to measurement and analysis.
Adept Creative is a full-service digital marketing agency with over 15 years of experience helping businesses succeed online. We are experts in all things digital marketing, from website design and development to SEO and PPC. We will work closely with you to understand your business and develop a customized digital marketing strategy that will help you achieve your goals.
We are experts in SEO, PPC, social media, web design and development, and we have a proven track record of success. We would be honored to put our experience and expertise to work for you and help you grow your business.
Contact us today to learn more about our digital marketing consulting services and how we can help you take your business to the next level.